Black Friday is already TOMORROW. So yes for a lot of people it’s Thanksgiving today, so first of all Happy Thanksgiving to all of you that celebrate! Belgium doesn’t really join in this holiday since we have other holidays to celebrate, but I am at home, having a bit of vacation and a lot of people really wait for the sales on this day. It’s the first year that I am doing a post like this and I have spend my Wednesday evening searching all my fave websites and brands for sales for Black Friday so I could list them as well as I can for you.
Black Friday is something that has blown over to Europe from America. It is known here in Belgium for it’s violence that we have seen on the news of people who are going shopping on Black Friday. BUT the great thing is that a lot of stores in Europe have jumped on the wagon over the years and now also offer some Black Friday discounts or sales.
If you do start breathing heavily when it comes to Black Friday sales I want to give some tips and tricks so you don’t miss out on the best deals.
Tips and tricks
- Do you research. If there are particular websites you want to purchase items from look up what sales they are doing and when they are starting and ending. Be prepared for the fact that you’ll have to get up in the middle of the night for some websites. In my case I would have to get up for everything American.
- A lot of websites do a pre-Black Friday sale which doesn’t offer the biggest discount yet but if you want particular items that have been on your wishlist for a while don’t wait for the big day. Some clothing items or sizes are very desired and are gone with a snap of your fingers.
- Be prepared for the fact that some websites may crash. Why? Everyone is trying to purchase something. It’s the same thing as buying concerttickets. For all you people in Belgium, think of it as trying to buy something on the first day of summer or winter sales.
- Plan ahead. A lot of sales start today at some point of the day. Use those hours before the sale to make a wishlist. What are your must-have items? Where are you going to purchase them? Prioritize if you have to.
- Be prepared for disappointment. Keep in mind that you are not the only one shopping on Black Friday so disappointment kicks in at some point eventually. The biggest discounts in the entire vintage/pin-up community are on this day.
- If you are ordering from websites that charge shipping/customs try to purchase together with your friends and share the shipping/customs charges.
- Refunds or exchanges are often not allowed. Keep in mind that if you’re in doubt with sizes size up or just don’t buy the items if you already know it’s going to be too big or too small
Miss Selfridge • up to 50% off everything
Miss L Fire • up to 30% off everything
Dolly and Dotty • up to 25% off everything
Topvintage • 20% off sitewide
Joanie Clothing • up to 30% off everything
B.A.I.T. footwear • up to 40% off everything
Vegas Antwerp • 50% off the second piece of clothing or 30% on three pieces of clothing (in shop)
Violets In May • 30% off on selected designs
Doll Me Up Inc. • Sitewide sale, not announced how much discount.
Pin Up Girl Clothing • Pink friday and cyber monday sale – more details on their website and facebook pages.
Chelsea Crew • pre-Black Friday sale at Shoegasm.com – 25% off
Lindy Bop • Black Friday pre-sale over 200+ lines in sales
Succubus • 30% off sitewide
Very Cherry • 25% off sitewide only on friday
I will be adding more sales during the next days as I come past them on different websites so keep an eye out for more. If I missed any of them let me know and I will add them to the list.
Please keep in mind that as I am writing this post it is Thursday the 23rd of November 11 am in Belgium.
xo Miss Kitty Heart xo